For illustrated talks on natural history and history see www.peterlovetttalks.co.uk

For illustrated talks on natural history and history click here for www.peterlovetttalks.co.uk

Sunday 2 October 2011

Wolstonbury Hill yesterday; a blaze of blue flowers; Scabious, Pride of Sussex & Harebells.

Pride of Sussex in flower yesterday on Wolstonbury Hill.

Scabious.

Devil's-bit Scabious

Harebell.

A flower from the Gentian family?

Looking westwards along the South Downs.



 Looking east to Jack & Jill windmills.

1 comment:

kirklincoln@hotmail.co.UK said...

Peter, I love your photos of Downland flowers. I was searching for 'Pride of Sussex' today on Patching Downs but could not see any. I thought they only flowered briefly in June but note you have seen them in October. Can you give me any advice as to where & when I might see them. I live in West Sussex in Clapham & my email is kirklincoln@hotmail.co.UK

Keep up the good work of promoting our beautiful county Peter. Many regards,

Kirk

Blog Archive