Saturday, 28 November 2015
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
Birds at Cuckmere Haven yesterday: Canada geese, cormorants, little grebes, house sparrows, pied wagtail, robins, meadow pipet, egrets and herons, teal and stonechat.
It was a cold day and a fine muddy walk along the river.
Click on any picture to enlarge and scroll though.
|Cormorant (European race sinensis ?)|
|View to the coastguard cottages|
|Meadow Pipet on concrete post|
|One brave paraglider|
|Teal in flight|
Sunday, 22 November 2015
At http://www.ifootpath.com/wrapper?walkID=2412 is an excellent (and high tech') description of this walk, which there is no point for me to duplicate.
Today, bright, sunny and cold, the walk was accompanied by screeching parakeets high in the trees by this meadow.
They are colourful, noisy and alien.
We walked a slightly different, shorter route, south of the Star hill road with fine views to Banstead woods...
...and the meadow which boasts many native orchid in summer: Common Twayblades and Common-spotted Orchids.
At this point, this day, however, and in delightful contrast with the screeching parakeets and alarm calls of blackbirds, we heard the high-pitched, monotone piping of a flock of Long-tailed tits, high in the trees.
Monday, 16 November 2015
Friday, 13 November 2015
After seeing a Peregrine falcon on the wetlands: (see http://sussexrambler.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/peregrine-falcon-at-rspb-pulborough.html
for more pictures of that),
This is a site to visit in summer for the dragonflies. For now, I walked up the hill and behind the ancient burial mound.
Handsome Highland cattle roam freely on the Heath to keep the scrub under control.
A Kestrel flew into a clump of pines and fortunately posed for some minutes on the branch highlighted above, before it flew off.
For a public speaker on natural history and history, please see my website at www.peterlovetttalks.co.uk
Thursday, 12 November 2015
www.peterlovetttalks.co.uk by clicking the link.
- ► 2019 (51)
- ► 2018 (61)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (86)
- Ice crystal patterns in the frost on a car roof th...
- Birds at Cuckmere Haven yesterday: Canada geese, c...
- A gentle walk round Shabden Park, Surrey with Para...
- Flock of twenty Ring-necked Parakeets in Surrey to...
- Sparrowhawk at RSPB Pulborough Brooks, Wiggonholt ...
- Peregrine falcon at RSPB Pulborough Brooks this af...
- Peugeot from the year 1895 in the 2015 London to B...
- Waverley all electric car made in 1901, in Cuckfie...
- Yet more 2015 London to Brighton Veteran Car run p...
- More 2015 London to Brighton Veteran Car run pictu...
- 1898 De Dion Bouton Tricycle in the 2015 Veteran C...
- London to Brighton Veteran Car Run 2015
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2014 (86)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (130)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (54)