Monday, 16 May 2011
Orchids, Bogbeans, Sea Campion and Red-breasted Mergansers at Stoer Head 11th May 2011
The wind was quite strong this day with some light rain.
At 160m above sea level it was cold atop of Sidhean Mor but the view was worth it.
We had walked along the valley beneath the Quinag mountain range twice the day before, so it was great to see it again from this distance.
We picked our way across a couple of bogs, where peat had been cut sometime in the past, to see if we could get across.
Posted by Peter Lovett
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (87)
- ► 2015 (86)
- ► 2014 (86)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (130)
- Four wild Orchid species and butterflies near King...
- Common Blue & Meadow Brown butterflies & Common Gr...
- A profusion of Butterfly orchids today on the Down...
- Southern Marsh-orchids at Pagham harbour
- Orchid walk under the shadow of the mighty Quinag ...
- Native orchids of Sussex; Common Spotted, Fragrant...
- Falls of Kirkaig, Sandpipers, Butterwort flowers a...
- Orchids, Bogbeans, Sea Campion and Red-breasted Me...
- Heath Spotted-Orchids near Lochinver, Scotland on ...
- Great Spotted Woodpecker attacking a Blue tit's ne...
- Broad-bodied Chaser dragonflies
- Wolstonbury Hill today
- A long weekend with HF Holidays in the Peak Distri...
- Toothwort in the Wye Valley, Peak district, 30th A...
- Deep Dale and Early-purple Orchids, 30th April 201...
- Magpie Lead Mines, Derbyshire
- Lathkill Dale, Cowslips and Early-purple Orchids, ...
- Mountain Pansy in Derbyshire, 30 April 2011
- ▼ May (18)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (54)