This is a very varied walk. And is one for anyone willing to take the slow train to Tattenham Corner, where the walk starts.
From here we walked to Nohome Farm, Walton on the Hill, Banstead Heath, Lower Kingswood, Stubbs Lane, Babylon Lane, northwards to the wonderful Well Pub and over the golf course to Kingswood, where one can take a train home. All in all, about 9 miles.
We ate a sandwich just north of Walton on the Hill where Hogweed Bonking Beetles were feeding but not yet bonking on the Hogweed.
Just before The Bell pub, which curiously is not show on the OS map, Common Broomrape was emerging by the side of the track.
Heading north from Babylon Lane we were within less than a mile from the M25 motorway with not a house in sight!
The beer in The Well pub was worth the 9 miles slog to get there.
Monday, 4 July 2011
- ► 2018 (59)
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (87)
- ► 2015 (86)
- ► 2014 (86)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (130)
- Some more insect pictures from Karlstadt; assisted...
- Karlheinz's walk above Karlstadt through forest an...
- Swallowtails in Karlstadt, Germany, 24 July 2011
- Seaford Head, the Seven Sisters and wading the Cuc...
- Kittiwakes at Seaford Head today.
- Flying ants, black garden ants - Lasius Niger - & ...
- Path Clearing on the High Weald Landscape Trail ne...
- Common Broomrape on 9 miles stroll from Tattenham ...
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (54)