With protesters invading farm land in the village where I live, the attached article from The Times gives an objective view of "the facts". Use "Ctrl" & "+" on your keyboard to enlarge the picture to a readable size.
The BBC news has focussed on the campaigners and, for example, this morning's Radio 4 "Today" programme was short on facts on the perceived risks.
It is poor reporting by broadcasters when, on other issues, an equal time is given to prejudice and educated discussion consequently restricted in time available.
Why also are we paying for outside broadcasters to stand outside Parliament or Downing Street at 10.00 pm when nothing will happen there? The BBC could save us money by stopping such ridiculous outside reports, especially on a Sunday evening!
Friday, 16 August 2013
- ► 2016 (87)
- ► 2015 (86)
- ► 2014 (86)
- Violet Helleborine in a Sussex wood, yesterday.
- Guildford to Albury linear walk via river Wey Navi...
- The Beautiful Demoiselle & Vulcan V-bomber
- Warren Lane, near Albury in Surrey
- Footpath signs; Germany v. England, you judge.
- An Eight miles walk on the South Downs above Alfri...
- Lesser (?) Treble-bar moth yesterday.
- Oh deer!
- Scores of Mint Moths, Pyrausta aurata, today on wi...
- Fracking Myths; "The Times", Thursday, 15th August...
- Butterflies & Moths in Rheinhessen
- Seaford to East Dean walk.
- A Dark green fritillary on the South Downs today
- Hundreds of Chalkhill blue butterfies on the South...
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (130)
- ► 2011 (104)
- ► 2010 (89)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (54)